Friday, February 08, 2008

February 8

Adv. US History
Focus:
Politics of the late 19th century

CW:
test prep sheet #7
notes: The Politics of the Status Quo
read summary of the election of 1896
Wizard of Oz: political allegory?
begin watching Wizard of Oz

HW:
Text pp. 534-40
----------------------------------------------------------------
Psychology (8-9)
Focus:
Emotion

CW:
review peripheral theories
discussion-rational appeals vs. emotional appeals in advertising
common emotional appeals
video clip: The Persuaders
create a a commerical and present to the class

HW:
TQ-The Face and Emotion
**UNIT 1 EXAM: FEB. 19-20**

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went home and told my mom about the Wizard of Oz thing, and I think she's really interested in it now! She's asking me to explain all the characters but I don't know them all yet. I'm excited to finish it!

3:24 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Carlisle said...

Charlotte,

Nice! It gets much more interesting as get deeper into the movie on Monday. Have a great weekend.

4:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home