Friday, April 24, 2009

Adv US History

Focus:
Great Depression

CW:
Cinderella Man (no notes today)

HW:
**Sprague reading pp. 198-205 (was originally scheduled for today, pushed back until Monday)**

ID Exam is next Wednesday. The final DBQ of the school year begins next Friday and concludes with the essay portion on Monday. Remaining "big ticket" grade items include the following:
  • Unit 11 exam (you will not be able to show me outlines for this exam)---100 points
  • Unit 12 exam (multiple choice and CHALLENGING)--100 points
  • Oral History Paper--200 points
  • Participation grade--100 points

MAKE SURE YOU CONTINUE TO READ! DON'T LET READING QUIZZES LOWER YOUR AVERAGE.

8 Comments:

Blogger luangrath said...

You guys watched Cinderella Man today?!

11:09 AM

 
Blogger Mr. Carlisle said...

Notes on Monday from the Sprague reading. Possible reading quiz then as well. We will finish CM on Monday.

11:16 AM

 
Blogger luangrath said...

Okay. I haven't seen Cinderella Man, looking forward to it.

I only have two rounds today and I already completed the first one. Afina and I were 2-2 in debate :(

Weather is really nice outside! (Even in the armpit of America aka Monmouth, OR).

11:52 AM

 
Blogger Joseph said...

Are we watching any films when we get to Vietnam? Platoon, Apocalypse Now, and Full Metal Jacket are all good ones.

And for WW2 The Thin Red Line is the best war movie ever in my opinion, but I know we are watching Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers (both stellar as well).

7:44 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

BAND OF BROTHERS!!!!!!! YAAAAAAY!!!!

8:50 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Carlisle said...

Joseph,

Great suggestions, however, I probably won't have a lot of time to show any more full length movies like CM. I have some really great documentaries lined up for Vietnam that I think you will enjoy greatly. I will show them on the big screen.

I only show the first 20 mins of SPR and I show and entire episode of BoB about D-Day. Didn't Caro show The Thin Red Line last year? It's one of my favorites as well. I really love the soundtrack for that film.

9:38 PM

 
Blogger Joseph said...

I didn't have Caro so I don't know if he showed it or not.

By the way you should definitely see Raging Bull if you get a chance. It takes the boxing intensity & character study to a level Cinderella Man can't even dream of. And has one of the best acting performances (robert de niro) ever.

11:14 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Carlisle said...

Yeah, it's on my list to see. I know about De Niro's massive weight gain for the role.

7:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home