Sunday, May 17, 2009

Unit 11 Exam Survival Tips

'Sup shorties? Well, it looks like you've made it to your last unit exam with IDs and an essay. What a year. Anywho, it's been a while since you've had to do both IDs and an essay for an exam. Here are some helpful hints for the exam:


Essay #1:
This is by far the most straightforward of the essay questions. Honestly, I don't have any suggestions for you. Outlining this essay should be rather facile.

Essay #2:
Make sure you discuss the evolution of foreign policy in regards to the U.S.S.R. in your essay. Truman and Eisenhower put their own stamp on foreign policy with the Russkies. I discussed some very specific differences in class.

Essay #3:
I'm expecting students to put forth at least three specific points to receive FULL CREDIT for this essay. I've given you LOTS OF INFORMATION for this question. Please refer to the links I placed on the blog last week for more information. The two videos that appear below this message could also be of service to you in your preparation for this essay. Good luck!



11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Mr.Carlisle for the tips.

10:20 AM

 
Blogger Mr. Carlisle said...

My pleasure sir. I hope everyone is getting outside on this beautiful day. Just got back from a bike ride out to Multnomah Falls. Gorgeous day.

2:32 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

yep. and I'm inside studying for my IB chem exam, and a little bit of your test haha.

2:36 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Carlisle said...

Erik,

Step away from the computer and go study under a tree. Now!

2:48 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

ok Mr.Carlisle. I will.

3:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been so busy all weekend--I'm doing my studying tonight. So this really helps!

7:12 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

my sister says hi

7:13 PM

 
Anonymous V's words said...

Thanks Carlizzle,

Good thing i checked, because from the outlines i had before and the suggestions you gave, i had to change some stuff, AND I DID!!

Thanks!!

7:15 PM

 
Anonymous Deanna said...

I have a question for essay 2. I'm a little confused on what exactly you want. Do you just want use to talk about the differences in truman and eisenhower or it's it more complex than that? And what do you mean by "evolution of foreign policy"?

7:45 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Carlisle said...

Erik,

Tell your sister hello.

V,

Excellent.

Deanna,

Great question. Think about the common thread between Truman and Eisenhower's foreign policy with the Soviets. What's the commonality? Stopping the spread of communism. That should be your thesis and you need to support how both presidents did exactly that.

Go back and check your reading and notes. I was very, very, very explicit when I lectured about these two men last week.

7:58 PM

 
Anonymous Deanna said...

Alright thank you!

8:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home